27 January 2017
Information about Bids to host EADV Events
- The Tender document is available to all active EADV specialist members who would like to apply to host the Spring Symposium in their country. If the applicant has applied in the last three years, the application can not be renewed.
- Spring Symposia are currently planned 2-3 years in advance.
- The tender for the SS 2021 will be open in October 2018.
- The Tender document should be fully completed by the EADV member (no convention bureau, no PCO) and forwarded to EADV Headquarters (Via S. Balestra 22B, 6900 Lugano, Switzerland) by 12 pm on 31 December, 2018 for the Spring Symposium in 2021.
- The EADV Spring Symposium is held in cities and countries throughout Europe which are usually too small to host an EADV annual Congress.
- Cities and countries that could hold an annual congress will not be considered for a Spring Symposium.
- The EADV Spring Symposium ideally takes place in late April or in May. In the date selection process possible clashes with, competitive congresses, courses, events and religious or other festivities have to be taken into account.
- The criteria for the selection process of possible destinations are listed below in order of importance.
- Congress center
- Congress center – budget
- Security and visa
- Pharmaceutical industry
A description of the reasons that have motivated the host organization to bid and what benefits the host dermatological and venereological community would receive by hosting the SS at the proposed destination must be included (e.g. a brief overview/description of how the Symposium could leave a long lasting impact within the region and how the host organization could drive this impact).
It is not possible to submit a bid for a congress location, these are chosen by the EADV based on the availability of congress centres large enough to hold such an event.