Body Art is not without Risk!
Tom fell in love with Wendy and in an impulsive moment he decided to get a tattoo. All the decisions he made were wrong. Don’t be like Tom. If you want to get a tattoo #think:
- Getting a tattoo should be a well thought decision and not a spontaneous one;
- what the tattoo will depict should be considered carefully and the decision should not be impulsive;
- it is of the utmost importance to choose a tattoo studio, which will follow all proper hygiene tools and not the first one you find available;
- tattoos might cause adverse effects on the skin;
- removing a tattoo might be painful and is expensive, and finally,
- tattoo regret is common.
How to reduce the risks of complications and dissatisfaction
Follow these simple advice
Possible complications of tattooing and piercing
Make sure you are well informed
Report: Characterisation of tattoo inks used in Australia
The report describes activities undertaken in 2014–2015 to identify tattoo inks used in Australia and to characterise the chemicals in these inks.
JRC: How safe are our tattoos and permanent makeup?
The Joint Research Committee of the European Commission publishes a report exploring the safety and regulation of the inks used for tattoos and permanent makeup